Who we are
Our website address is: http://apprised.app.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with any one. We respect your privacy and therefore do not share or sell any kind of data with any third party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data from any third parties.
How We Generally Use the Information
We use the information we collect, first, to provide you with the Service. We put together all the information available to us to maximize the relevance and quality of the Service. For example, we use the information that we collect in order to:
- dynamically prepare content that you see;
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide personalized content, and information to our users;
- monitor and improve the effectiveness of the Service and our marketing;
- monitor aggregate metrics and statistical information regarding the Service and the users thereof;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
We also use the information we collect for purposes of administering and expanding the Service, providing customer service and making available other sites and services to our users and prospective users.
Communication With You
Occasionally, we may also use your contact information to contact you and notify you about important changes to the Service, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable, on our behalf and on behalf of our partners and affiliates. We may contact you through email, the Service and other similar channels. By providing us with your contact information you consent to our use of such contract information to send you such communications. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive promotional email communications by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the message.
- Technical information
We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Service. This may include IP address, the type of browser, system and language, date and time of visits, the type of internet service, location (including GPS location when made available to us), the pages visited, and the way of interaction with ads and other types of content.
- “Cookies” – data files, which often include a unique identifier, sent to an internet browser or application and placed on a computer or mobile device in order to store certain information. We may use both session cookies (which expire once the web browser is shut down) and persistent cookies (which stay on the device until deleted). Some of the content included in the Service may contain and send cookies to your computer or mobile device. Usually you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being received; this may, however, interfere with the use of the Service by you. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, refer to your browser’s help section. We also use Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hot Jar and other similar products to obtain anonymous aggregated usage data. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- “Beacons” or “Pixels” – electronic files used to track your navigation through the Service, email messages sent to you, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior. You may be able to opt-out of beacon tracking by adjusting the settings on your browser.
- “Log Files” – when you use the Service we may track and record actions occurring on the Service and collect certain technical data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.